Friday, June 12, 2009

This past Thursday the 4th I went out to lunch with a new found knitting friend for my birthday. We were chit chatting and somehow the subject of wedding rings came up.

My husband and I were married in January of 2000. He bought me this beautiful white gold band surrounded by leaves with diamonds set into the leaves. Absolutely beautiful and the apple of my eye. I'm not really into jewelery but this one was very special. About 5 yrs ago I took my ring off to sleep. In the morning I looked for it and couldn't find it. I tore up the house and looked all over but it was no where to be found. I was very sad. My finger always felt naked.

So, I told my friend this story then we parted after lunch and I ran some errands. At dinner that night (which my children prepared with my mom...yum!) My 5 yr old was all figety. My oldest was practically sitting on him to keep him quiet until the presents were given to me.

The dinner alone was wonderful but when I opened up my one singe solitary gift my heart just melted......



They've been squirreling away allowance for this...


yeah, my kids are great!

7 comments:

Chase & Snow Oy said...

How lovely is that! What a great gift.

adrienne said...

Awww, that's so sweet! What a great surprise!

Amanda said...

What a great story! Thanks for visiting my blog.

http://4badbill.wordpress.com said...

Nice story. So happy for you!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Good for you! You deserved it!

Fran said...

Aww, what great kids!

Faith said...

Wow! That is amazing! :D I love it!
Faith