Saturday, May 29, 2010
Contemporary Baby Blanket......DONE!!!!
This took me almost two months to complete simply because of the new and busy schedule I've been keeping. Whaddaya think?
Excuse the crappy iphone picture. My regular camera isn't working well. So as previously stated I used Berroco Comfort for this. Precisely I used 1 1/4 skeins of white and red and a little less than 3 skeins of the black. The blanket measure about crib size at 33x46 inches. I am very pleased with the results.
What I Would Do Differently:
I would put in an extra panel to make it 4 instead of three in order to make it wider.
When blocking I would only use cold water. The red bled a little making the white slightly pink. I should have know better but it really doesn't take away from the overall look of the blanket.
Work on it more frequently instead of letting the project languish for days. (This really should have been done 3 weeks ago!)
And last but not least I would like to have put more embroidery on it but time is running short since my little niece will be putting in an early appearance. Baby is healthy but the Doctors are saying that the baby needs to come out. Baby wasn't due until Father's day but it's close enough to the due date to avoid many complications.
I am currently working on my first post for my year of knitting through my stash of yarn and magazines. Can't wait to show you what I've got cooking!