Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August Update 2010

I've mentally prepared lots of posts since my last post in July. Too bad mental isn't actual since I've forgotten half (ok most) of the things that I wanted to tell you about.

I am almost finished with my second project in my year of "Rediscovery". Rediscovery of yarn already in my stash, and rediscovery of all the wonderful patterns that I once fell in love with and vowed to knit up yet somehow languished in a seemingly endless que of knitting projects that keep amassing on top of those once beloved patterns.
I am loving the Lutea Lace Shell. The pattern is wonderful and a pretty quick knit! I made it in some King Tut mercerized cotton that has been hanging out in my stash for years! It was previously knit up in a free form type of raglan t-shirt but the armholes were too big so that project was sent to the frog pond while the yarn went safely back in my stash. Its such a gorgeous color. The labels have long been tossed out but I would describe it as a shiny cadet blue. (Cadet blue as I remember it from my Crayola crayon box as a kid).
I finished the back and am just starting the front. I plan to be done by tomorrow but wouldn't it be fantastic to have it done so that I could wear it for tomorrow?
But I must wear it with just the right outfit. I am picturing a cute chocolate brown belt, a brown pencil skirt and brown shoes. Why so much brown?, you ask. I want the top to be the star and not get lost with competing accessories/colors! I was thinking of doing a little embroidery but...... would that take away from the top or enhance it? There is only one way to find out and that is to try and try some more.
I'll be posting pics soon of the finished product on Ravelry. It's so much easier to post and update on Ravelry from my iPhone than it is to post and update my blog. For some reason blogger is just not feeling iPhone posting. If you know of any way to get around that please shoot me a message. I really only get access and time to a computer very rarely. I am kind of stealing a little time right now so ..... gotta go. Same bat time, same bat channel!

No comments: