Friday, August 13, 2010

Pics of My Lutea and A New Project!

This is me enjoying my Lutea! I am very happy with the fit and drape of the garment although I think I made it a tad too long but.....whatever! I like it! I have worn it several times since this picture was taken and I have found the armholes to have stretched a bit. I'll be putting a nice round of single crochet there to reinforce it this weekend.
This is what it looks like from the back. I love this color. The King Tut Cotton has given this tank great crisp stitch definition and the heaviness of the fiber actually works for this design (except around the armholes of course) I got 21st/4in gauge which is alot tighter than the pattern gauge called for so I followed directions for the 44" inch size to compensate. It doesn't have too much negative ease. I haven't measured myself since I started loosing weight to I kinda winged this one. I used to be a 45" bust but no longer. My bras have been getting smaller. That makes me sad! Why can't my hips and but just get smaller? I'll just have to live with it and hope that eventually things will balance themselves out.

I originally wanted to where this with brown since brown and blue are one of my favorite color combinations. But I just couldn't find a brown belt that I like! I have 3 black belts (no, not in any martial art unless you call shopping one) and I've been looking for that belt in the perfect shade of brown. I have the shoes already so it can't be that elusive, right?
Any guess what this latest finished object is? Yes, I know its a hat but does the pattern seem familiar? It's EZ's Very Warm Hat! Done all in Noro Kureyon on the outside and for the inside I used about an inch worth of Cotton Ease so that my sensitive daughter won't have a scratchy forhead while trying to keep warm this winter. I started on Sunday and finished it up on Friday. Took way too long to complete but things like work, sleep and general tiredness kept me from finishing sooner. It's a good thing I am starting winter knitting in August or I'd have some cold kiddies!
Until next time. I still don't know what my next project will be but I promise I will announce it as soon as a I do!

No comments: