Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Been A While

Don't you just love posts that begin like that? Says so much like, "I've been negligent", "Lot's have gone on and I don't know if I'll ever fit it all in", or maybe even "Lot's have gone on but I just don't feel like blogging about it"....I digress

Last month I broke the news to my boss that I would be stepping down as manager if he allowed it to concentrate more on refractions within the practice. At that point I felt that I was no longer being an effective manager (too many reasons to list) and I actually was a surprised that he was actively looking for a refractionist when he had one in his midst. So I offered myself up as his refractionist, he offered the position of manager to a girl within the office that seems to really have her act together and all is well......for now.

I've been feeling the past few months that maybe I shouldn't be there. That I really need to be home with the kids again. But how would that be possible financial circumstances being what they are? The culture of the office is one that I truly do not fit into my values being at times very different from the others. I say nothing and just don't participate in certain discussions without seeming to be unfriendly but I sometimes wonder if I seem "holier than thou" to them. So I've been trying to do my work as hard and as good as I can to be a good example in that case if I can't be in anything else.

For months I've been wanting to witness to this girl in the office and I have scared out of my mind. (You know, the whole rejection issue) Well, I'm happy to say that this Friday I had the opportunity and she listened and seemed open. It was a wonderful experience. I don't expect any change within the office culture because of this but I told her the message now it's all in the Holy Spirit's hands to take it from there.

I don't know what the Lord has in store for me within this job but I pray that He'll lead me and my family now that we are so spread out.
I leave you with a picture of me and Mikey when he was just a few months old

No comments: