Sunday, October 14, 2007

No More Hum-Drum Mittens Questionaire

Mitten Meme
Here's a little about me. I am super thrilled to be a part of this mitten swap.
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting for 2 years (August of 2005) I was self taught from a book (Melanie Faliks book, Kid's Knitting, ROCKS!)

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would consider myslef an intermediate advanced. There are few things that I still need to learn.....ok there's a lot I need to learn.

What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike? I love rich fall colors. Especially oranges, reds and yellows with some green in there too. I cannot stand pastels or overly bright primary colors.

Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns? I haven't studied much on the Lativian type patterns yet but the ones that I have seen I have liked.

Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child? I have four kids, a full time job, a demanding husband (not really), two dogs and a cat.......I want mittens for myself. (am I being greedy?)

What other things do you enjoy knitting? I love knitting sweaters, hats, scarves bags...etc.

What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? I love my Denise interchangeable needles....L O V E them. But I also like metal circs and dpn. Bamboo are my favorite kind of dpns. And straight needles........can't stand them.

What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? A queen size blanket

What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? silk, angora

What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook? I like to sew although I am not very good at it

Besides yarn, do you collect anything? I collect knitting and crochet books. My daughter teases me that I have more knitting books than the library (which really isn't so hard if you saw my local library's selection)

What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? I enjoy trying new things. I love sweet and salty....especially chocolate

Do you have any kids? Pets? I have 4 kids ages 13-3 , two dogs and a cat.What is your favorite part of Winter? I love the first snow of winter. I also like going for walks with nice toasty warm winter accesories (hat, scarf and gloves...oh and a coat too....)

What is your least favorite part of Winter? I don't like slush or winter rains.

No comments: